History of TUMC
Trinity United Methodist Church was first called Green Bush Chapel with its first building erected in 1893. The congregation built this church at 1123 Vilas Avenue in 1905. It was named West Madison Church. In 1910 it was rededicated Trousdale Methodist Episcopal Church. There were building additions in 1914 and 1926 and the building doubled in size. In 1959 the Education wing was added to the rear of the building.
Trinity United Methodist Church was formed in 1968 uniting two congregations First Evangelical United Brethren on Wisconsin Ave. established in 1856 and Trousdale Methodist. The building was again renovated and enlarged in two phases in 1975 and 1978.
In 1995 we began sharing our building with First Hispanic United Methodist Church. May 1997 Calvary United Methodist closed with some members joining Trinity’s Congregation.
With Faith, Hope and Love we began restoring and modernizing Trinity’s building phase 1 in October 2005 making it accessible to all and updating the upper level of the building.
The following pastors have served Trinity United Methodist Church:
Wilmer T. Bloy (1968-72)
Ray E. Biggers (1972-75)
Harold G. Crume (1975-79)
Larry A. Moody (1979-88)
Walter L. Wagener (1988-93)
Im Hyon Jung (1993-97)
Lucretia A. Fehrmann (1997-01)
Amanda Stein (2001 – 2011)
Marianne Cotter (2011 – current)